Monday, January 5, 2009

Run Ragged



Sunset



There were crabs skittering all over the rocks, I didn't have the right lens but it was amusing to watch them come out in droves as the sun set.



The beach at sunset



Surfers coming in at sunset



Looking into the Hotel across the Street- this picture makes me so dizzy



The Polynesian Hall at the Bishop



Some junk behind the Bishop, they use their old exhibition banners as tarps. We make ours into purses and sell them at the gift shop!

My first meeting was at 7 am and my last session got out at 6:30 pm. My day included 4 sessions, one trip to the Bishop Museum, two very long expensive cab rides, 2 meetings at the conference, a quick sun bath, a quick dip in the ocean, a sunrise and sunset, and some bad red curry. Its just been a busy day here at the Hawaii International Education Conferences.

I was so happy that I got some sun and beach time and could read more of the amazing new Tana French novel, The Likeness. I just read her first one and it left very little impression on me. I bought this one because it was on the front table in the book store. This one is much better, the first person writing isn't annoying, and its a great Nancy Drew-like main character.

After such a hectic day, I made my way down to the beach and sat in the dying sun and read for a bit. I know the sun is bad for you but I was wearing SPF 50 but it feels really good in the dead of winter to be toasted by the sun. I went in for a quick dip. After my dip I gathered my stuff and walked out to the pier to watch the sunset. I was more amused by the little black crabs but the sunset was pretty amazing.

No comments: