Monday, January 26, 2009

Photos of the Day - Day 25 and 26



I can barely get enough sleep forget about taking pictures. Actually taking pictures is pretty relaxing for me so when I got home tonight I pulled out the D200 and had an idea of what I wanted to play around with, my face and the macro. I had taken some self portraits a few months ago and enjoyed it, the detail, the narcissism, the pores, I could go on and on. But I think I enjoyed it because it didn't work very well and I had to monkey around with the camera to get any shot let alone a good shot. I got this angled self portrait sitting on the floor in my kitchen playing around with the tripod. It was the only one in focus so I picked it. The soft focus ones of me look pretty good but are too blurry.

The other shot is of adam's cat, Rico. Rico went back to Denver with Adam's parents but needed to be taken to the vet for shots and travel papers before he could get on the plane. I took him, via subway, down to an emergency vet for his shots and what not. He is a very docile and snugly cat, adam used to call him submissive, and we had a nice time waiting around for the vet to poke and prod him. Ironically, the vet found that he too, just like adam, has a bum ticker. Its only a mild heart murmur but I just can't quite shake the feeling that the cat could drop dead of a heart attack at any time.

Incidentally, If you ever need to amuse a cat while waiting an hour at the vet's office, I highly recommend youtube videos of birds shown on the iphone.

No comments: