Thursday, January 1, 2009

Picture of the Day




What a day! Our day started really early since we stayed out until about 3 am. We got out of bed just in time to hop in the car and drive out to Coney to take some pictures for my friend who was doing the Polar Bear Club's New Year's Day Swim. It was a mad house and we were a bit late. I didn't manage to catch my friend in the water but still got some good shots. It was about 20 degrees F but very sunny and warm. My friend claimed that he was coldest right before he went in but I think he was delusional.

After the swim we piled in the car and went to Sunset Park for Vietnamese Sandwiches. Things were not looking to good since everything was shuttered but our place was miraculously open. We ordered 5 spicy pork sandwiches and cozied up around a small table. I was freezing and the swimmers were warming up.

It was a great New Years: a good NYE party, polar bear club swim, vietnamese sandwiches, and we met some new friends.

The picture of the day is of the lifeguards at Coney (that's the parachute tower in the back) watching over the swim. Happy 2009!

No comments: