Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Argh!

I've spent all morning, actually the past few days, trying to compose what I will say at Adam's service. Writing any eulogy is difficult but writing one for a catholic mass with a homophobic grieving mother and a community that is fundamentally insulted by gay people means that I have to choose my words carefully.

I need to leave for the airport soon and haven't quite figured it out yet. I also don't know if I'll be emotionally stable enough to speak, I cry when I have to give wedding readings and barely made it through my own vows. I somehow or another managed to keep it together for my dad's service, hell I was even funny at my dad's service but it'll be hard to judge where the laugh lines should be with this crowd.

I keep looking at all these pictures and it makes me realize how young we are. This was taken by Kelley O'd at Sal's bachelorette party, tubing down the Delaware river.

No comments: