Monday, January 19, 2009

Banh Mi


This blog should probably be renamed "My Quest for Vietnamese Sandwiches". We went over to Sunset park and grabbed a few for lunch and I finally took a picture to give you an idea of what they look like. We got them at Ba Xuyen on 43rd and 8th, they close at 6:30 pm and will be closed for the next two weekends for Chinese New Year.

This one is a grilled pork and is quite different than the spicy pork that I usually get. I might like this one better. The picked veggies, cilantro, and cucumbers are the same but this had grilled pork (not hot though), a very light BBQ sauce, and crushed peanuts. Its a bit heartier than the spicy pork (which has more veggies and noodles) but still really good. We also got some coffee and it came to us lightened with milk and sugar with some spice. It was delicious and I highly recommend it.



Here is a quick shot of chinatown in Sunset park. Every block in Brooklyn basically looks the same, but totally different at the same time. In case you're curious and don't want to travel to Sunset park, the Hanco's is coming along and is almost finished on the inside.

1 comment:

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

I don't think they are closed the next two weekends. I'm pretty sure (according to yesterday's sign) that they will be closed this Sunday and Monday for the new year.

I always get the #7 spicy, or I ask for a veggie version that costs about $2.50. Spicy also, of course.