Saturday, January 10, 2009

Picture of the Day- Day 10


This picture of the day thing is exhausting. It's great but I end up over doing it and having to process about 50 pictures a day. This is by no means difficult but I wonder if I can keep it up when I head back to work. Luckily, I have a series in mind for those end of the day inside shots that should be interesting and will help me work on using the flash.

For today, I did get outside on this cold and snowy January day. I took this picture of my walk back from lunch. Both my sister in law and I needed some walking time and after a big lunch at Stan's on Atlantic, this was just about the right distance. I should just say that I'm a big fan of my siblings and the addition of my husband's brother and his wife have only made my appreciation of siblings grow stronger. Somehow or another I turned out to be a total dork (I provide my crush on the holographic doctor from Voyager and Stargate Atlantic -- RIP-- as evidence) but I am surrounded but siblings that are perpetually cool and the most popular kids in their class. These two are no exception except that they too embrace their inner dorkdom.

Sorry for the ramble, this picture is of a stone statue in a front law in Boerum Hill Brooklyn. Despite the darkness it was only 2:30 pm. It's been lightly snowing all day but it looks like we're in for some heavier snow this evening. My body is incredibly confused between the early winter sunset and jet lag, I feel like it should be around lunch time but it looks like its around 9 pm outside.

No comments: