Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Hopes and Dreams

When I first walked through our house I marveled at all the things that owners hadn't done. You have roof rights, where's the deck? You could knock out a wall and make a porch. Why is that odd dividing wall there, a breakfast bar would be perfect. When we first moved in and our house was empty and clean we had big plans: roof deck, porch, kitchen, and built in book shelves. Now, almost a year after putting an offer on the place and almost 10 months of living here we've done nothing more than plant the window boxes and slap some paint on the walls.

Where is our drive? Where is our motivation for home improvement? Where is my roofdeck? Honestly, I have no idea since we have contractor recommendations and a very good idea of what we want. Life is just too busy to think about a major renovation project or anything that would disturb our lovely bubble.

The easiest project would be to the built in bookshelves in the dining room and I had contacted a highly recommended carpenter to come and give me a quote. But it seems like so much trouble, which is pure laziness.

So for now my home goals are to get all this stuff sitting on the floor in my living room downstairs to the basement and maybe take this giant bag of clothing down to goodwill. Baby step, baby steps.

No comments: