Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pep Talk

I should have recorded the pep talk I gave to my sister yesterday in order to play it back to myself today. It went something like this:

It's okay to sit on the couch and feel sorry for yourself but if that doesn't make you feel better, get up and get out of the house.

Retail therapy is great, so is cleaning.

Don't feel like spending money and you already cleaned, go rent a movie.

Sweatpants, as long as they're changed regularily, are a gift from god.

You'll feel sad about losing dad for the rest of your life, but the pain will grow less and come less often.

Pink is a great color for bridesmaids dresses.

Halther tops do look great on everyone.

Tan lines are evil and Martha Steward makes the best bridal magazine.

We are lucky to have each other and that giant box of pictures from when we were wee little ones.

The weather will get warmer and stop sucking so much.

George Steinbrenner is kind of a d-bag.

New Jersey is the best state ever.

Its fun to internet stalk people on facebook, especially when they are your sister.

Okay, thanks, I needed that. I got another piece of bad news this morning and it has become increasingly difficult for me to do anything other than feel sorry for myself. Watching Rachel Maddow list all of the evils of the Bush Presidency didn't help much either. My mood matches the weather but luckily for those around me, when I feel like this the only real solution is to go home and bake something sugary and complex.

Maybe I'll try a red velvet cake...

No comments: