Monday, January 19, 2009

Picture of the Day- Day 19


I was all set to go on a nice long walk in the snow when I was saved by Ab's call to get lunch. I wasn't really excited about walking around in the snow even though it is much warmer here than in the past few days. It feels funny to say that it feels warmer since it is about 30F but compared to 14F, it feels downright balmy.

I took my camera with us to Sunset Park and took some shots at lunch but didn't want our quick outing to turn into my OCD quest for shots that capture the beauty of the snow. I do have enough sense of the outside world to know that no one, not even my best friend in the world, wants to stand outside in the snow and wait for me to stop taking pictures of snowmen, bodegas, and snow flakes.

I'm trying to learn more about the D200 and the speedlight flash and took it out to shoot an old family book (more on that later). After a few hours of that I wanted to go outside, get some fresh air and dinner, and take some pictures with the tripod in the snow. I wrapped the camera and lens in a shower cap and stood out in the street to play around.

This is a shot of some brownstones in all their historical glory. I took a very similar shot this afternoon when I came back from lunch and prefer this one because of the lighting.

No comments: