Friday, August 29, 2008

What A Year

What a year. I'm not sure I would like to relive my 30th year but it was certainly a crazy, happy, busy year. I celebrated my 30th birthday with a pool party, a great dinner at Blue Hill, and a Yankees Game. Sounds pretty familar to this year. I had not one but two serious medical things, my gross, mysterious legs and finding out and finally managing the sleep walking/narcolepsy/REM Behavior disorder. Between all of the antibiotics and the meds for the sleep stuff I don't think I've been on this much medication since I was little.

The highlight of the year was the arrival of Sonny, the most loved little kid in the world. His arrival doesn't balance out the loss of my dad but certainly brings cheer and snuggles when needed. Josh and Lisa are the best parents and I'm looking to them for clues on how to be a great parent.

Amanda and Damion got married. Kate and Vic managed to live through tax season and a double remodel and Peter and I celebrated our actual 2nd wedding anniversary, which is right before my birthday. Peter's mom is much better and is back to feeling pretty great.

We bought our first house! That was a big and expensive deal. Moved and changed jobs.

Next year: more babies, less moving, less cancer, and hopefully no more job changes. Let's hope that 31 is just a sweet, not bittersweet year in my life.

No comments: