Monday, August 25, 2008

Garden Update

Here are some pictures of the garden from the street level.
The window boxes often look like they are going to spill their wares out onto the street. The geraniums (which truly love no water and lots of sun) and booming, the hot peppers are currently pepperless as I try to figure out what to do with the 4 flourescent (which means HOT!!!) peppers I currently have,and the thai and regular basil have both gone to flower.

I thought this was a cool shadow. Most of what was in the big box on the balcony is dead but everything that I planted is flourishing. Everything is also lashed down with pantyhose so it looks a bit like a Leggs fashion show up there. On a side note, I know that there is a massive and catastrophic population crash of bees in this country and I know the problem is serious. I also know that its the commercial hives of a few species that are in trouble. I have tons of pollinators and they sting!

Front of the building with flower boxes.

I had one box that brought me great shame. I planted raspberries in it but they were overtaken by some grass that sprouted up. The grass quickly took over the raspberries and killed the plant. I then stopped watering the grass and it died leaving a big mop of dead grass hanging out of the box. I replaced it today with some beautiful copper mums.

See! A few pansies hanging out with the veggies.

No comments: