Sunday, August 17, 2008

Five Guys in Park Slope

I was out to get some more books and stopped by Five Guys on 7th Ave. I fondly remember their burgers from all of my business trips out of National Airport in DC. They have a branch at the airport and it was the only thing that was always open. Regardless of whether I had a 9 am or a 9 pm flight, I always grabbed a Little Burger before hopping on a flight (cause god knows what they'll serve you on a Air Pringles Can flight to a regional airport in Ohio).

This Five Guys opened a few months ago and I've been meaning to stop by. First the place was packed at 4:30 on a Sunday. Second, in accordance to a new NYC law, they had all of the calories posted next to the price. I skipped the small fries at 680 calories a pop. I got a regular soda and Little Burger for about $6.

Its a good burger but I keep running into hard chewy bits. I'm not sure what they are but they are gross and there are a lot of them. Bone, gristle, plastic who- has, I don't want them. So next time, I'll skip the burger.

No comments: