Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Furry Guy...



I just recieved this from my mom and posted it because I thought it was so funny! At first I thought that the "furry guy" was the much maligned Diego, my sister's cat that lives with my mom, terrorizes her boyfriend, and causes neighbors to screen in their porch. The "furry guy" is actually a woodchuck-type critter that is terrorizing her garden. Its probably gotten almost all of the edibles out of the garden so far, and it looks like he got most of her tomatoes!


Meg...be happy you live and garden on the top floor...

Sunday, we get home from VT...I look out the kitchen window and I see the tomatoes moving...I cannot believe
my eyes...(it was starting to get windy) then i said...its him...the furry guy...I run outside (he waited till we got home so it seemed) he had pulled 5 tomatoes down half eaten having a party all by him self...

I then ran to the garage, got the chicken wire and put it around the tomatoes...like a concentration camp...
this seems to silly...all this effort for a 19" furry four legged animal...

I have to admit...I was very upset...the tomatoes are just starting to turn red, big and very full...last night John brought in 3 more ...he jumped up and over the chicken wire and ate half again of the biggest ones we had...
so if anyone you know....knows how to deal with this please give me a hint.

Our prize right now is the corn about 8 ears...but I am worried about the furry guy...he is still on the loose.
We have a "have a heart trap"...we got 3 squirrels and 2 chipmunks.

I guess if this is my only problem...I am doing great...
hope you are having a good day...love you
mom

No comments: