Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sugar, and Spice, and Everything Nice



I am very shy taking pictures of people that I don't know. Actually, I'm pretty shy about taking pictures of my family. There were so many incredible pictures waiting to be taken but I just do feel comfortable taking pictures of people without their permission. There is talk in the Brooklyn photographic circles about the Photographers Bill of Rights, which lets you take pictures of people if they are outside and you aren't using it to make money, but I just don't feel comfortable. I've been around amateur photographers on the streets and I do what ever I can to get out of their shots so I project that onto other people. I also imagine that some people down at the Red Hook Fields have been harassed about their immigration status so I don't want to make people even more uncomfortable while they are trying to relax.

No comments: