Friday, September 19, 2008

How Are Things in NYC?

I'm calling colleagues all over the country for a fact finding project at work. Inevitably they ask me how things are in NY. "Is it raining stock brokers?" seems to be a common, if not odd question during these times of financial implosion. All of this negative economic news (which can be countered with pictures of LOL dogs and cats) has left me aware of my ignorance of most things financial. If you too are feeling a bit financially illiterate these days let me offer you two informative pieces.

Michael Lewis's ""Let's Look on the Bright Side"

And probably the best, an hour long easy to understand radio program on how your mortgage connects to the global credit crisis

If you, like me had no idea how bad mortgages could lead to the global financial crisis, try to take the time to listen to the radio piece. It's well worth the time and will make you feel tech savvy.

No comments: