Sunday, December 7, 2008

More From Gowanus



Under the BQE on Hamilton Ave



Crazy Sky



This is the rumored future site of Whole Foods. I have to scale a fence to get this shot and this time they had replaced it with a much more difficult fence to climb. Luckily it was really cold so I didn't spend much time up there!



Dykes Lumber Company- I love the colors in this on



The lost time I shot the Eagle Clothes Sign and BBQ joint is was a cold, dreary day. Today, the light was great so the pics have a totally different mood.

I had a request for more pictures from Gowanus so here they are. It was freezing today with high winds. The light turned out to be very interesting and I raced in my car from spot to spot, waiting until the light was right and then dashed out to shoot some pictures. If you saw a woman dressed in head to toe black with a bright red hat running around with a camera, that was me.

Gowanus is a much smaller area than I originally estimated. Things that appear to be far away from the subway platform and relatively close on the ground. Hmm, they are relatively close when you are driving a car around.

Anyone interested in more Gowanus can see my Gowanus Flickr set

No comments: