Sunday, December 7, 2008

First Snow



7th and 10th in the Snow.



Lowes Parking Lot in Gowanus



Christmas Tree Lot in a Flea Market Space under the subway trellis. I took this at about 10 pm and they were still open with customers! I guess something about the snow makes people want to decorate.



Rockin' Rex- Grandpa Bob made the boy a rocking horse that is actually a rocking T-Rex. What a wonderful toy! Grandpa Bob even painted the eyes to be bloodshot to show off what a ferocious animal that T-rex is.

Yesterday was very busy. First there was all that wonderful celebrating to honor my nephew's first birthday. Then there was dinner with my family. And finally on the way back into the city there was the first snowfall of the year and our first snowfall in our new home.

I of course couldn't be satisfied with just driving home and snuggling up in my favorite chair with a class of warm tea. I had to run around Brooklyn taking pictures of the snow, at night, with no tripod in one of the most deserted parts of Brooklyn. I just drove around and popped out of the car when there was something interesting and enough light to take a picture.

I have to say, even in the dark, with a quiet blanket of snow, Gowanus is gross!

So Happy Birthday, thanks for dinner, and yucky to Gowanus!

No comments: