Thursday, December 4, 2008

December Scavenger Hunt

I had no idea that photography could be addictive. That's probably the first step in admitting you have a problem. I think its addictive because I love to see my shots online and there are currently two places that that happens. The first is a number of blogs, curbed, brownstoner, and gowanuslounge. I can upload my photos to flickr and then tag them so that can be used by the blog. Brownstoner and GL have used my pictures in stories and in their regular photography segmentsbut curbed just displays them (they have a small side bar that displays everything that people send them). I've been chosen by curbed a bunch of times in their photos of the week contest/segment.

I am also on my second scavenger hunt, which is addicting in its own way. The hunt is between an online support group of women and is totally private. The only people who see the pictures are them. The fun part is the actual scavenger hunt. I'm shooting all the time and looking for random things, some as straight forward as "outerwear" and others more clever like "illustrate favorite album title".

I'm just shooting a bunch of possible candidates and have listed some for your viewing enjoyment.



Item: Illustrate favorite album title"- Appetite for Destruction
T-Rex in the Dinosaur Gallery at AMNH




Item: Good Morning
Shot on the Smith and 9th Street subway platform really early and really cold



Item: Favorite Ornament
Origami Tree @ AMNH



Item: Optical Illusion
Hall of Biodiversity @ AMNH




Item: Mold

I'll keep positing items as I find them. This list has tons of holiday stuff so I may have to wait a bit.

No comments: