Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hawk



I really shouldn't be surprised by a hawk in Brooklyn. They do very well in urban environments and there are quite a few well know hawks that patrol the neighborhood. As we were coming in from lunch/photo excursion I noticed this medium size hawk perching on a branch about 100 feet away.

I first ran and grabbed what ever camera I could fine and took some shots from our living room. I then sprinted into the bedroom to grab the good camera and a 200mm lens. I fired off a few more shots. The bird indulged me a bit more as I grabbed the 500 reflex and took a few more shots. The 500 reflex is a very old lens, probably one of my dad's first and doesn't work with the camera's automatic focus so all of the shots are with a manual focus, no small feat for me dangling out the window with the full force of the wind in my face.

While the shots of the bird are nice, the shots of the bird and Brooklyn in the background are great. It was the perfect light.

No comments: