Friday, July 18, 2008

Where to Start?






I took a ton of pictures today. I'll start with the ones from my mom's house. She has a beautiful garden and takes beautiful pictures with her own digital camera. I brought in the big guns and we took a bunch of pictures, watered, and ate a great dinner. I've posted a few of my favorites. My absolute favorite (maybe of the whole day is the bee taking off from the flower.

Many of the plants in her garden have been there since she first moved in (18 years?) ago so it was a bit of a trip down memory lane. We had a great dinner of bacon, spinach, bok choi, and squash blossoms with chicken, potatoes, and fresh herbs from the slow cooker. As always, the company was wonderful and I'm looking forward to the next couple of days at the beach (and hopefully a clam bake). Oh, I forgot the roasted asparagus.

All of the produce (except for the squash blossoms and herbs) were from a farmers' market that she created as head of our town's chamber of commerce. We've always shared a love of gardening but it is great fun to swap stories of our gardens, farmers' markets, and cooking adventures. I look forward to many more photography sessions and recipes.

No comments: