Monday, July 14, 2008

Local Inconveniences

When we bought this place the fact that there was a subway stop on the corner was a big plus. Now that we've been here a while, the fact that its an F stop is kind of annoying. In order for me to get to work on the UWS I usually take three trains often the F to the A to the C. The other day I took the R to the D to the B and that was just as annoying. I've taken to walking to the B at 7th ave. Its probably a little less than a mile but the B takes me express to my place of employ and I sometimes get a seat.

This weekend we had a birthday party in Manhattan. We went down to take the F only to be greeted by a sign that said that G replaced the F, and the C replaced the F. So if the F = G and the C = F than doesn't that just negate the F train all together. We ended up getting on the G (the train from hell) and taking it a few stops thinking that we could just get a cab on Smith Street. We walked all the way down to the Carroll Stop and were just about to get on when a cab showed up an whisked us to our destination.

I don't think it would have been so bad if we could have figured out where the F train went and when it was coming back and where the heck would the G train take us. Long story short, the F on the weekend kind of stinks.

Edited to Add a link to the story in the Times: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/led-astray-by-diabolical-subway-notices/

No comments: