Thursday, July 31, 2008

Where Do Babies Come From?






So I'm feeling a little cutesie... We're just about set to leave for CA. I have a plant/house sitter all lined up and am looking forward to a few days away. I have two big questions though: why is it always so damn cold in San Francisco and should I bring the nice camera? I've been to SF 4-5 times and every time its freezing and raining. I really want to love that city but the weather just doesn't want to show me a good time. I am a very efficient packer and had this trip down to a backpack and my purse but then the weather turns our to be crappy. So now I have to bring a puffy coat, socks, and assorted long sleeved shirts. None of this fits with my plan and if there is anything that makes me cranky, its things no going according to plan. Given that we survived in Spain for 5 days with nothing but the clothes on back, I'm pretty confident that we'll do alright. Plus the weather looks great in Napa.

The second dileama is the camera. I'm totally spoiled by the nice digital camera (that brought you those lovely shots above) and the small camera just seems wrong. On the other hand traveling with a nice camera is like traveling with a toddler: it needs it own bag, special security protocol and you sometimes (alright most of the time) look like a total douche carrying it around. The other issue is that I only have one card that holds 72 pictures so I would probably need to load everything onto my computer to be able to shoot like I want (take 100 and one will come out). I think the best thing to do is to pack and see what my options are after that. I think I need to display a little adaptability and pull on the big girl panties.

No comments: