Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Put Down the Clip Frames



In an effort to keep myself my napping and watching TV all day (numb the pain, numb the pain) I decided to tackle two projects that have been on my "to do" list for a while. The first was to get my new drivers license. Let me just start by saying that I'm from New Jersey, where the DMV is a place where even good people end up in hell. You stand on one line only to be told you're on the wrong line (sometimes there is only one line in the whole place), or you reach the front of the line only to be told you have the wrong form, they don't have the right form, and even if they did they don't have a pen so you'll have to go to another series of lines to dispose of the wrong form and fill out the right form to maybe get a pen.

So my expectations of the Atlantic Ave DMV were pretty low. My strategy: eat before going, bring a bottle of water, 18 forms of ID, wear comfy shoes, and bring a book. The verdict: it wasn't too bad. Someone directed me to the correct line, the lady behind the desk was nice, and there was only one crazy guy (complete with hospital ID bracelet) who chastised me for wearing shoes in his house. Luckily, this DMV has plenty of seating. So I am officially awaiting my real NYS ID and am no longer a resident of NJ which makes me kind of sad.

I've been wanting to put together a wall of my pictures for years and finally got around to putting twenty something unevenly spaced holes in the wall that I co-own. As you can see, I don't have an eye for design or for hanging pictures. As you probably cannot see, I have some very cool pictures from my travels and they are now hanging on the wall right in front of me.

I did hang one of my favorite pictures of my dad down at the Outer Banks. We're on the beach, illegally drinking beer, and he's giving the camera one of his trademarks "Heeeey" faces. I find it so hard to imagine things without him. I had a question about this camera he gave me but no one to ask. I have this pepper that is almost ripe but when will it be ready to pick? What's with these freaking carpenter bees? and is John McCain really seriously the Republican nominee? I miss him already but will be brave and drink an illegal beer for him.

No comments: