Friday, July 25, 2008

Dinner at Lost Pollitos II

Ab and I picked Los Pollitos II on a whim, I wanted a margarita and it was close. I walked away thinking "Eh" and hungry an hour later. I was glad that we got a seat in the window because even the first seat in felt like a dark cave. They have a fair amount of outdoor seating and the window was perfect for people and dog watching though that meant that we were sort of in the hot seat in terms of being watched.

The margarita (on the rocks with salt) was alright. I don't think it was made with fresh lime juice and I didn't get any hint of tequila, it was just sort of bland. The sangria was alright and didn't have the horrible old wine taste that so many have.

Our roasted corn was bland. It looked right but it wasn't fresh (like the fresh farm corn) and the flavors were dull. Ab's dinner was good but she wasn't overly excited about it. I had the octopus which was a mistake. Oddly enough the texture, the hardest part of the dish to get right, was good but it tasted fishy.

So go there if you want to eat a roasted chicken but I wouldn't stay for much else.

No comments: