Monday, July 21, 2008

At The Beach







I have to say it feels a bit scitzophrenic down here at LBI. It is incredibly hot on the bay side (90F +) and freezing (60F) on the ocean side. We're pretty close to the water so our house has been shrouded in a cold, British mist most of the time. I never spend a lot of time at the beach but I sometimes will sit out under the tent, wearing 75 SPF, and sweats to hang out with everyone at the beach. This year I have the excuse of it being freezing and having work to do. I, of course, managed to burn my feet very badly yesterday and can't really wear shoes (other than flipflops).

This pictures kind of tell the story. Cold and misty on the beach, warm and sunny on the bay, four boys all under the age of 10, and a lot of chasing after then with the camera to get the perfect shot. I think we were all pretty tuckered out after their run (my chase) down to the next jetty.

I'm off to Langley tomorrow and am looking forward to the Cape May Ferry Ride in the new car. A 6 hour drive doesn't seem so bad if I get to take that car.

No comments: