Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A TV Grows in Brooklyn




I wanted to bring you some guest pictures that represent the decidedly less alive side of our apartment. We recently mounted our TV on the wall. It was kind of a big deal to drill 1/2" holes into a wall without having the slightest idea what was behind them. Peter bought a stud finder and it basically told us that the window was a stud and that the whole wall was electrified. Hmm... So Peter soldiered on and over came about 6 different challenges (plus two trips to the hardware store). It takes some serious holes to mount the TV and behind hole #1 was plaster and brick and behind hole #2 was plaster and wood. N.b. the burning wood smell reminded me of the time the plumber set the support beam on fire, but that's a whole other story. So, the TV is mounted and is apparently too small. I have to admit that I just do see the same problem that Peter and all of his electronic enablers see. Maybe its because I can't find the HD channels and don't know what I'm missing...

The second picture is of the new rocks under the fancy speakers. Peter has always wanted rocks to help make the sound better and now he has them. While I may not appreciate the improvement in quality (and I acknowledge that I tried), they are aestetically pleasing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's so totally too small. It needs to be way bigger. And black. That would be perfect.