Friday, July 18, 2008

There was Something About These...






I took some pictures at my dad's house this afternoon. Its weird to call it that but as I was wandering around through the back yard I just kept finding things that reminded me of him. He loved to practice his golf swing in the back yard and I found these two balls on the edge of the grass. They remind me of how quick everything happened and how there is so much of his stuff laying around almost dropped in midsentence. The tripod, his laundry, and these golf balls and the endless mail and telemarketers are almost too much when taken together.

He and my stepmom acquired "High Note" the statue a few years ago. We kids all thought it looked like Kenny from Southpark and there is a lot of photographic evidence of our dislike. Kenny might be the most teased statue on the planet. He looked a bit lonely in the sea of ferns this afternoon.

The hydrangias are just beautiful.

The bunny. The weekend my dad got his diagnosis the cats (pictured below) captured a baby bunny. I took it away from them and just held it in my T-Shirt for what seemed like hours. I just wanted to save it and nurse it back to health as I knew there was nothing I could do for my dad. I remember the phrase "there's no treatment" just running through my head. The bunny, a bit shaken and missing a bit of fur, represented everything to me in that moment. We let it go and like all bunnies I'm sure it was eaten by something though one survived and is pictured here. Its probably very hard to see but its the picture of the lawn, there's a bunny on the lawn and like a sentimental fool I took about 10 pictures of it.

No comments: