Friday, February 6, 2009

Picture of the Day - Day 38

I'm not going to lie, this has been one of the worst weeks of my life. I feel very very sorry for myself right about now and I'm stewing in it, really stewing in it. When I talked to my husband on the phone I suggested that he work late to avoid me and my stew. I had this horrible moment when I realized I was sad and my first thought was to call Ab, but she was on our vacation, alone and probably a bit pissed off at me. Then I wanted to call my father, who is dead. And finally, I wanted to call Adam since he was my chief complaint officer when ever I was feeling bitchy and needed to vent, but he too, if you've been following along is dead. Horrible moment of self pity only made worse by the fact that I was sitting in my office when I was supposed to be on a plane bound for my first real vacation in two years.

Now that you feel sufficiently bad for me I wanted to share with you what really perked me up. I take a wide variety of subways home each night and there are, well a wide variety of soul on those subways with me. The guy below got on around 34th street and sat right across from me. I noticed his hat but didn't look too closely since everyone is wearing big furry russian looking hats now a days. I looked up again at west 4th and realized that his hat might not be a hat, it might be a really bad hairpiece. I snapped a few pictures from across the aisle, but went in for a closer look when a seat opened up across from him. Upon closer inspection, I could tell that it was made from human hair but still wasn't sure of its purpose. Hat? Hairpiece? I was baffled but continued to take pictures with the iphone's crappy crappy camera. I've done my best to document this experience.

At one point he tipped his head forward and the hair/hat fell off into his hands. I shit you not, the whole subway car gasped at this development, maybe we'll get a clue to its purpose? He scratched his very oily, matted hair for a bit, and then plunked the hat/hair back. This in no way, shape or form answered our question but it did let us know that it came off. So maybe you'll know?

My lovely husband, who I convinced to stay at work, thought maybe it was a cat (a la zeus?). So what do you think? Hat? Cat? Hairpiece?



No comments: