Friday, February 6, 2009

Picture of the Day- Day 36



I wrote the funniest, most clever post ever yesterday and obviously forgot to post it. Take my word for it, it was brilliant. Actually, it, like my photo of the day was less than stellar but still pretty good for what I'm working with right now. I've tried to get in the habit of taking my camera with me where ever I go but have been so busy with work that I've fallen a bit short. That means I often take my daily picture first thing in the morning or at night, when there is no sunlight. This has led to a series of fun and interesting experiments with the camera (as I am shooting all manual, as per my photo teacher's instructions).

Last night I was trying to take pictures of the pigeons that live under our air conditioner since they looked so sad and pathetic in the bitter cold. Unfortunately, the exposure time was too long to hold the camera and I couldn't get the right angle. I did managed to take a few interesting shots of 7th avenue at night. I love how vibrant the colors are with the D200, that is something that the blog doesn't capture. The picture, despite the long exposure time, is very sharp and colorful which is a lot to be said for a night shot of an empty street.

No comments: