Thursday, February 12, 2009

Photo of the Day- Day 43

Have I written about my love of subway photography already? Well if yes, then here I go again. If no, then let me inform you of my evil doings.

I'm working on a homework assignment for class where we are supposed to play with time. This involves taking pictures and playing with the shutter speed and playing with metaphoric time. I brought my camera to work with me to take some pictures of something and ended up shooting almost entirely on the subway going to and from work.

Taking pictures is a bit scary. It is potentially illegal and you're trapped in a moving box with someone. There is also variety and weird lighting, movement, and people in the way. I usually sit with my camera on my lap, take a picture, check the screen, adjust and take again. The lighting is the hardest part to get right and I think I dialed it in this time.

The subway was almost empty today so I had a clear view of people sitting across from me.




No comments: