Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Picture of the Day- Day 38-42

Not surprisingly, I've totally lost track of my days of photography but should be able to figure it out shortly. It's been pretty feast or famine around here. On Saturday the husband and I went down to Ft. Hamilton park and took pictures of the water and Verrazano Bridge. On Sunday my mom came in and we toured Coney Island. Since then its been nothing but work and taking random pictures at night.


Our current assignment is to play with shutter speed and to play with time. I took a million pictures of my faucet dripping at different shutter speeds. This was much harder than it looked since I was manual everything, including focus, using the flash, and turning the faucet on and off (since my husband fixed the drippy faucet months ago. I couldn't get close enough to get the whole drip in but this is the best I could do.



Yup, this is my office. I was at work a lot this week and was glad to be useful during the stimulus craziness.



Full moon shot from our bedroom window, it was way too cold to go outside. This was shot out of focus (way way way out of focus) because I was too lazy to find the right lens and I like the composition better. Nice huh?



I hope to be able to post a bit more about our adventures at Coney but I took my mom to Nathan's, walked her up and down the boardwalk, and even took her to see the Polar Bears. What appear to be high school boys were filming a "music video" on the beach and when they realized that the polar bear club was much more interesting they came over to try and out crazy the crazy. They rushed the water to go in and then all danced away as if they had just grabbed a hot iron. We all laughed and the high school boys (did I mention they were dressed in clown costumes?) gave us a little dance.

No comments: