Sunday, February 15, 2009

Photo of the Day- Day 44



Okay so my numbers might still be off but I'm trying here.

Does it get any better than sitting down to a huge, wonderful plate of food and a cool glass of wine after a crazy long hard day at work? Friday was our big big big work meeting up at in Albany. I hadn't freaked out about it until my boss said that the meeting was the culmination of my year's worth of work. Thanks, I wasn't nervous until you put it that way. We were all set, prepped, ready to go.

So I drive up early in the morning, meet my colleagues, and have the best meeting I could have hoped for. We head back in the car, drop off half of my passengers and then my boss and I get stuck in the worst traffic I have ever see. The whole town of Tarrytown was a parking lot, we had places to go, and we were tired and hungry. It was a stressful end to a stressful week and all I wanted to do was have a few moments of smugness and some good homemade sausage and wine.

After we got out of the traffic mess I dropped my boss off and headed to NJ where I was treated like royalty (which is how they treat everyone), given a heaping pile of food, and amused by Vic's huge family.

I don't want to go into details but the whole point of Vic's family seems to be to make everyone comfortable, happy, and well watered and they take their job very seriously. What a wonderful way to end such a stressful week.

The picture is of Vic's cousin, actually I have no idea what the relationship is between Vic and Jacob so we'll just say cousin, showing off his 3D glasses. The kids were getting a bit antsy so I showed Jacob and his sister the D200 and we played with it for a while. They were so respectful and curious it made me remember why I like working with kids instead of adults. So that's Jake and his glasses. Here is a picture he took of me, modeling the glasses:



I think I may hire him!



I also love this shot, though I'm not sure who took it. Jacob is popping up in front of a nicely composed shot like a little munchkin. Trouble...

No comments: