Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Aphids



I'm getting ready to switch my pansies for more heat friendly flowers and I've ignored some of my boxes that just have flowers in them. I've had some aphids on my parsley and mint but seem to have mostly controlled it with soapy water and my fingers. When I checked on my peonies yesterday I found that one box was covered in green aphids and some little black flies. The pansies were covered in them like a fuzzy wool sweater. The spicy peppers in there had some as well. There were also some small black flies in the soil.

Given that the pansies are coming out anyway I just pulled them all out instead of trying to get rid of the aphids. I'm a bit worried about anything that goes in that box and am puzzled by how many different types of bugs are on my 4th floor very windy boxes.

No comments: