Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bacon + Roasted Asparagus = Love



For this week's meal we had breakfast for dinner. I'm a bit of a stress cooker, meaning that I cook to relax myself, and last night was no exception. I didn't have a lot in the house but wanted to see what I could throw together. It turned out that most of what I had in the fridge was local so I made a nice salad with poached eggs on top from my local ingredients.

Poached Egg with Roasted Asparagus Salad

2 poached eggs per person (PA via fairway)
Mixed greens (Union Sq. Farmer's Market)
Herb trimmings from my window boxes (my "garden)
Bacon (upstate NY)
Potatoes (Union Sq Farmers' Market)
1 bunch asparagus (Union Sq. Farmers Market)


I boiled the potatoes and dressed them and the greens in an apple cider vinaigrette. Roasted the asparagus, microwaved the bacon, and poached the eggs. I had never poached an egg before and was very pleased with the yummy gooey addition to my salad. I wouldn't say it was a quick salad but it could easily be modified by using hard or soft boiled eggs.

No comments: