Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Plants Plants Everywhere




For an apartment gardener with nothing but window ledges and a small fire escape, space where you can put plants is prime real estate. When I think about moving to the country, buying a farm, tending goats, and making money through some form of magic, I often end of thinking to myself "Wow, that sounds like a lot of work". I'm not adverse to work but I don't usually have a lot of energy to give to my garden during the week. Which is why container gardening is perfect, especially when I've tried to pick plants that require no maintainence.

I bought these new small planters at IKEA and love their design and size. I drilled some holes in the bottom of the boxes and filled them with drought friendly plants, mostly petunias. The biggest issue is that they are just sitting on our window ledges and I would feel better if they were screwed down of something. The previous owner did everything from glue window boxes down to putting in metal brackets. I think I may journey to the hardware store with some pictures and ask for some help.

No comments: