Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gardening Update

Well I don't have much to report other than the green aphids that killed most of my pansies have killed the rest of my pansies and infested my broccoli. I went to the nursery today and bought some new plants that I hope will survive the strange microclimates that are my window boxes. Petunias for the all sun, no rain. Geraniums for the all sun, all wind, no rain. And some impatients for the shady, some rain boxes.

I think the impatients, which I also put in the downstairs box, may have been a strategic error, given that they are cooler weather plants. I suspect they are also tasty for the green aphids that are everywhere but I guess we'll just have to see.

I ate a bunch of broccoli and let the rest flower. I transferred the seedling tomatoes and peppers and ate a bunch of baby arugula. I need a much less windy spot if I want to really transfer plants since they wee ones have a hard time in the wind. I have the perfect veggie growing box but it is currently blocked by my husband's computer. Sigh...

No comments: