Friday, October 10, 2008

My Commute






My commute is pretty easy. Either I walk about a mile to an express train that takes me right to work or walk around the corner and hop on the F Train. I prefer the walk but the F, even with the addition of the A and the B, takes less time. During the past few days I've come home in perfect light and kicked myself for not having my camera. Today, I brought my camera and took some shots. The first one is outside the museum. While the picture is focused on the tree, my office, sheathed in construction netting, is in the back. AMNH is a very old museum and has tons of catacombs and nooks but most of the offices are on the outside with beautiful, huge windows and a view of our park-like surroundings.


Because the weather has been so nice I've been walking down to 59th Street. I took the fire escape picture on Columbus and 76th (right next to the much beloved Isabella's). I thought the pattern of the brick and strong shadows were a nice play. Yesterday at this time, Columbus Circle was bathed in an incredible light and I was hoping to capture that today. Alas there was no nice light and most of my pictures of that area are not worth sharing.

So I headed underground. I transferred from the B to the F so that I could get some shots where the train comes above ground after Carroll Street. When we came out the light was beautiful so I hopped off at the above ground subway stops and took some pictures. At this point I'm close enough to just walk home so after the 4th and 9th Street Stop I head downstairs and catch one last shot of the green subway globe against the fading blue sky.

After such a strenuous day, I headed over to Five Guys to enjoy a little hamburger with extra pickles. MMMM pickles...

No comments: