Thursday, July 30, 2009

Egads!

I've had this fantasy my whole life: I want a wall of bookshelves so tall and massive that it towers over me and makes me feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of pages. If there is one thing that defines me it is my great love of reading and the idea of having a place for all of my books makes me incredibly happy. So when we bought our apartment we wanted to put in some bookshelves.

And after a few months of dithering, we finally picked out some wood, settled on a design, and ordered them for a carpenter down in Red Hook. I've been nesting pretty strongly since we bought this place and this is just one of many relatively small projects that we want to do to make this place seem more like home.

The next project, potentially taking down a wall or knocking through the roof, will be a bit bigger. But maybe, if my stepsister is free, she can help me change out a few light fixtures, which would be, well, less messy.

No comments: