Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nice Doggie



I'm someone who is scared of my own shadow. I am also someone who is pretty observant. In my daily existence on the F train I have noticed a pair of dogs that appears to roam the Gowanus rooftops. On a photo jaunt this morning, I noticed the dogs and remarked to a pair of romantically involved hipsters that they were guard dogs (What they asked!). I got a few shots of the dogs with the 200mm lens and didn't think much else about them.

As I was walking down 3rd street I heard barking, looked up, and saw the dogs trying their best to scare the pants off of me. Look at the picture, even I wasn't scared by their fierce barks. I was terrified by another guard dog that surprised me as I was trespassing and I respected it by running the hell away from it. I've only seen it in the movies but in Brooklyn, they really do keep junkyard dogs on chains!

No comments: