Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall



It's very officially fall in Brooklyn. It's been an exciting few weeks with the election, economic collapse, pregnant friends, etc and I haven't done too much aside from worry, work, socialize, curl up with a good book, and take an afro-Caribbean dance class. I haven't had too much time to take pictures.

This weekend we had a surprise visitor. A close friend of my husband who got bumped from his flight. He called us and headed in and we got to have a lovely lunch with him. I wanted to take him to one of Park Slope's famous brunch places but all of those had really long waits and we were hungry. We ended up at the diner but it was great just to hang out, talk about Aikido, and revel in the election.

I took a bunch of shots and these are just a sample. I took these all within a 2 block radius of our house and a bunch from our roof. We also drove our friend out to NJ and the leaves and sunset put on quite a show for him.

Just a weather note: It was beautiful yesterday but today it's freezing and the temperature is heading even farther south. I fear we may take a direct route to winter. I really miss our old fireplace but will just have to take comfort in a big bowl of homemade chicken soup. Try roasting some garlic and adding it to your chicken soup, it adds a really extra layer of favor.

No comments: