Thursday, April 16, 2009

Welcome Alex!




I gone and turned into one of those crazy sappy ladies who cries as the slightest thing. Yesterday my niece Alex was born. It had been a rough few weeks for her mom, my sister in law, so we were all filled with anxiety over the birth. Its hard not to imagine the worst case scenario happening with something goes wrong medically after your father dies from the improbably worst case scenario. I don't mean to make this all about me but I have these incredibly strong emotions, good and bad, these days. On one hand, I'm still reeling from the loss of my father and my friend but on the other there is all this new life around me, all these new babies. I can't help but see renewal after death in the birth of Alex. I'm just a big sappy mess, but in a good way.

Everyone is happy and healthy and I will hopefully get some nice beautiful pictures this afternoon after the Yankee game!

No comments: