Monday, April 13, 2009

Family Values



My incredibly photogenic sister was confirmed on Saturday night during the Easter service at St. Anthony's Parish in NJ. She's had some health issues (major understatement) in the past few weeks but was determined to keep her date at the Church. I had never been to an Easter Mass at a Catholic Church and was very pleased with the whole experience, long as it was. The service started with a dark church and a single candle and then everyone's candle was lit, filling the whole church with that wonderful warm fuzzy candle light.

The service also include a baptism with the confirmation and everyone at the church seemed so genuinely thrilled to have a few new members to their group. I was a bit sheepish about taking pictures but when the woman behind me pulled out her video camera I started snapping away. I wish I could have shot more especially the faces of the parishioners but it was enough to just get a few of the family.

Congrats Sis, I'm sure you'll call me and tell me how much you hate these pictures but I really like them and that's my perogitive as your obnoxious little sister!

No comments: