Sunday, April 26, 2009

Disappearing Act

Between my greatly expanded work duties and this horrible flu that I have there hasn't been much time for posting, taking pictures, or gardening. Everyone in my office has this sore throat/fever/cough thing and I finally have it too. Actually I probably have had it for a few days but just blamed how I felt on allergies. When developed a fever yesterday I could no longer blame it on the plant sex going on. Given how quickly it has spread around my office I don't feel comfortable visiting my sister in the hospital or my niece who is about 10 days old.

I did manage to take some pictures of the garden this morning. I have only cold tolerant plants in right now and they aren't enjoying the 80F and above weather that we're having. Some water and ice cubes perked up the cauliflower and broccoli but some of the pansies haven't made it.

I'm tempted to go down to the nursery and see what is out but we still have some cold days ahead of us so I don't want to lose all my cold stuff to hot weather and then my hot stuff to cold weather.

No comments: