Friday, March 20, 2009

A Snowy Dirt Manicure?



I committed my first official act of arboricide on Monday and took down the giant tree thing on our fire escape. We received a "citation" from our insurance company for the plants on the fire escape (which everyone had) but I'm sure it was the 3' x 1.5' tree stand with 6' bush/tree that made them question the structural stability of the fire escape. It was also warm enough to stand on the fire escape for 3 hours and cut the darn thing down and stuff it into 6 garbage bags.

My first official act of gardening set off a whole planning phase in my mind for this weekend and I was going to run to the nursery and get some early spring plants. But do you know what, it snowing, heavily in Brooklyn right now and the snow has ruined my plans for planting.

No offense spring, but you're a tease.

No comments: