Saturday, May 10, 2008

Picture Evidence


Some people have gardens, we have a small fire escape. The previous owner has a large planter out here that had a huge, medusa- like honeysuckle bush and rose bush. I hate rose bushes but allowed it to live (my small, understudy role as plant god). I planted some heather and pansies a few weeks ago and just added a few patio tomatoes, basic, and some mint. I also added lemon verbena, rosemary, and thyme to the large planter. I hope to add some green beans out there in the coming days but need to start some seeds (or get some from my mom). Why yes, that is a garden gnome out there.

I planted some basic, cilantro, thai basil, and parsley I hope the pigeons and bugs don't take a liking to it.
Picture of the "garden" from the living room window. You can see the two little patio tomato plants and another window box of pansies. I've learned some lessons with the pansies. They seem to like to be crowded together and really perk up with the addition of water. They've also managed to resurrect themselves after appearing to die.

Yup, magnetic knife strip in the kitchen. This used to be a phone and now its knives.

Its nearly impossible to take a picture of a tiny bathroom. This had been white, all white, and we added a nice blue paint. We have big plans for this little room and will post pictures when we're done.

No comments: