Monday, May 19, 2008

Not so smooth sailing...


I was working on a nice little post last night about my lovely salads. I had two not so great dinners in a row but they were saved for me by a really nice arugula and herb salad. I pruned my herbs the other day and had sprigs of everything and just threw it into some greens that I picked up. I made a nice dressing and it saved my dinner.

The past week has brought some cold and very windy weather and I thought the herbs on my fire escape were doing alright since I was bringing them inside when it was at its worst. Everything was doing really well (my tomatoes have some nice blooms on them) but last night I didn't bring anything in and today it was really windy and about 50F. I'm sure the cold temperature would be okay but combined with the strong wind many of the herbs were not looking very good.

I think the mint and rosemary will be okay but I'm not sure anything else is going to make it. The tomatoes are still inside and still look great.

I also planted some green bean seeds from my mom and two have sprouted.

No comments: