Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More excited than I should be...

So I'm really excited to be thinking about local food again. It feels really luxurious to spent my brain power thinking about food and not leg infections, narcolepsy, blood or spleen cancers. Its nice to wake up in the morning and wonder where I can find locally grown lamb or whether we can take a weekend trip to NYS to find yummy stuff. Luxurious...

I want to do a few things in preparation:
1) Start to do some sort of survey of our neighborhood to see what is out there.
2) Pull together my thoughts on how a teacher could use the One Local Summer concept to strucutre a science unit. I used to spend a lot of time structuring cool urban experiences into middle school science units and this should be no exception.

Okay, back to work... for now

No comments: