Friday, January 8, 2010

Clearing out the Plastics

Normally when I see hair on fire reports about levels of pollutants in the environments I just think to myself "not much I can do about that". For whatever reason the recent reports about the inadequacy of our legal protections against water pollution, endocrine disruptors in products, and high levels of pharmaceuticles in the environment have made me totally paranoid. Gone are my days of drinking unfiltered tap water and carelessly microwaving food in plastic containers. This Consumer Reports study just sent me over the edge.

Consumer Reports look at BPA levels in canned products

In an attempt to make a few small changes I bought a few glass containers to take their place. They're good looking, shatter resistant, freezer proof and can be microwaved without the top on.



See they're nice!

But I then realized (after I had paid $14 for it that I had the same thing already at home, in my recycling bin.


No comments: