Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Seattle Continued




That night we head over to Tom and Marisa's house for a dinner party. It was one of those dinner parties you fantasized about when you thought of your early 30's: fascinating people, great food, plenty of wine, and that warm, glowing feeling of just enjoying your new friends. It turns out that Marisa grew up around the block from us and frequently visits her mom so there is hope we may get to see this lovely couple again!

For our last day in Seattle, I met my sorority sister for breakfast and once again thanked a higher power for such incredible people in my life. Ashley was close friends with Adam, my friend who died in January, and once discussed him, we slipped back into old times. She too is a science teacher and a professional singer on the side.

I should write a whole post about how incredible it is to reconnect with old friends. It makes me tear up just thinking about how much it means to me to know that my relationships with these people are just as they once were. They are uniformly exactly the same as before but have aged and matured into even more interesting, caring people.

So after breakfast, we head back over to the farmers market to grab provisions for the evening and then hustle to a 1:30 showing of District 9. See it, its awesome!



The four of us make a feast and enjoy the lobster mushroom crostinis again. I bake some peaches and introduce them to the wonders of baked stone fruit with vanilla ice cream and a balsamic reduction. And we just sit back and wait for the evening.

After dinner, we run across the street to Bliss Soaps, a kooky, crazy store that specialized is bath products. I'm not one for perfumed soaps but it was worth it to meet the shop keeper, a kooky, crazy guy who seems to be a bit of a Seattle icon. We bought a few things for ourselves and stashed the rest of the goods throughout Jon and Malory's apartment with little thank you notes.

I had a 7am flight so went to bed, sad to see my time in Seattle over. Next stop, Colorado.

No comments: