Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Roast Chicken, Ramps, Bacon and Potatoes

Last night at the Coop I bought some local ramps, asparagus, and sorrel. I was so excited to find some locally grown (NY and NJ) produce without going to the farmers market. I love the farmers market but I usually have to get up early on Saturday and ride my bike down to Grand Army Plaza and those are two things I really hate doing.

I made roast asparagus last night and I'm going to make roast chicken with potatoes, ramps, bacon and potatoes tonight with my lovely local finds. I noticed that the roast chicken was my first One Local Summer Meal last year (made a bit early) and am wondering why I haven't heard anything about OLS 2009. I'll keep looking but to begin the OLS season, I will make the same meal I made last year when the ramps appeared!


Link to Roast Chicken, Bacon, Potatoes, and Ramps

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I want to stick my face in that dish. Sounds so good! -ab

Rebeca said...

There's nothing like a roast chicken. So comforting, tasty and endlessly versatile. This evening I just roasted it by stuffing a lemon in the cavity, and olive oil, salt and pepper on the skin. It has been too warm for a full roast today so I did it with a salad of parma ham, olives, mixed tomatoes (fresh and sun dried) and anchovies.